Friday 11 March 2016

Facial Expressions.

Drawing faces is something Im normally not comfortable with, so having an exercise of drawing quick sketches of people pulling faces was really helpful for me. Not all of them are perfect but some are actually quite expressive and free flowing and show really well what i was trying to interpretate.





























The girl sticking her tongue out on the left above is one of my favourites as i feel its not as cartoony and disproportioned as some of the others. By doing the sketches quickly, it enable me to draw freely without over thinking what i was seeing and almost trying to hard to create something picture perfect.




I also really like the man on the bottom left of this one too. I think i manage to portray all the creases and all the line work shows the organic pose well.

Overall I really enjoyed this task as I've learnt that by just drawing what you see quickly and freely, you can create more natural and expressive drawings of emotions rather than trying too hard. As when i try to hard to create the features I normally lose all natural feeling of movement within that persons face.

No comments:

Post a Comment